Sunday, October 31, 2010

Charleston to Beaufort, SC

Yesterday we left Charleston about 8:30 AM.  I got some good pictures of the city sailing across the harbor.

Unfortunately I am only able to up load one!  Over the last two days I took 29 pictures.  Well I will try to explain what our last two days were like.  However I know a picture is worth a 1,000 words and I did take 29 pictures which you may expect a 29,000 word blog, that is not going to happen. 

We had adverse current most of the day and very light winds.  We are in what is called the low country, lots of marsh and creeks.  The ICW meanders around from river to creek to cuts and back to a river.  The scenery is beautiful.  Last night we anchored out in a very remote creek.  The only lights we could see were the flashing red and green lights on the marks.  This morning we headed to Beaufort, SC.  We found this to be one of the nicest ports we have visited.  The water front has been made into a beautiful park.  We borrowed the courtesy car that the marina provides to do some shopping at the Piggly Wiggly.  We did our laundry and then went out to dinner at Luthers where they have $1.00 drafts on Sunday nights.  The marina has wi-fi but for some reason the pictures are just not loading.

We hope to be in Georgia tomorrow.  It is my understanding that the ICW goes through some very remote areas so I am not sure if I will be able to blog, we will see.

Greg 

No comments:

Post a Comment