Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The rain stoped!

This morning the rain stopped so I ventured ashore.  I went on the hunt for a book store.  I was looking for "A Maiden Voyage" it is a story about an 18 year old girl who sailed around the world back in the 1980's.  Her father gave her a choice of going to college or he would get her a sailboat to sail around the world alone!  I found a used paperback at the Annapolis Book store on Maryland Ave.  The proprietor told me that the author was there a couple of years ago for a book signing, the one I bought was not signed.

When I returned to the boat I noticed that the head (porta-potty) was not smelling too sweet.  I discovered that I had not tighten the cap so it was leaking!! It had leaked into the bilge!  It was not a pleasant job to clean up that mess.  I had to take up floor boards and disassemble the platform the head sat on.  It is a job that requires you to be very careful or the unpleasant smell will never go away!

Tomorrow I head to Baltimore to meet Colleen.  We are going to pick up Candy at the airport, she is flying in tomorrow evening.  I am looking forward to seeing Candy, it has been three weeks since I sailed off.  I will try to get some pictures of the city to post tomorrow.

Greg

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are out of the rain; now we will have it most of the week. Chuck and I have been trying to sail his Scot before he pulls it, but the wind has been fierce.
    Great time at NJMP; too bad it was too far to catch up. It was a very fast track with a lot of "pucker factor"! Lime Rock next week to end the season.
    Keep the news coming!
    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please make sure the biohazard is cleaned up by Sunday. Looking forward to finally getting on board.

    In KS this week...no water around here.

    ReplyDelete