Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A turn around the Naval Acadamy






Before I caught the bus to Baltimore I walked through the Naval Academy.  It is an impressive campus.  I took some pictures. The first picture is the "Paddle Bell" at the sea wall over looking the bay. The inscription is very moving I hope you can read it.  Next is the fleet of 420's just like Chatham High schools fleet!  Next is some of the Navy 44s that they had custom built.  They only have 32 of them! I just read an article that the Coast Guard Academy had to have a fund raising campaign to have 8 ocean racing sailboats built.  The poor Coast Guard gets no respect from Congress! The next two is the outside and inside of the Navel Academy's chapel. It is a spectacular building.  Finally the last is the crept of John Paul Jones that is below the alter of the chapel.  I didn't have a chance to get any pictures of Baltimore, although after the Academy they would be somewhat dull!

Greg

2 comments:

  1. Greg,
    These are truly great pictures of the Academy. We are really enjoying the travel log of the East coast waterways and can't wait for more. We will be in DC this weekend and will call. Perhaps we can arrange to have a few blue claws in Annapolis.
    H & M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg, your trip is a history lesson for me. I have been in Annapolis but never got all the sites and info. Never knew John Paul Jones crypt was there.

    ReplyDelete