Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rain a whole lot of rain

Last night the tropical storm hit here.  Not too much wind but boy did it rain.  This morning the dinghy was full to the gunwales.  We were under a tornado warning this morning, luckily nothing materialized.  The radio announced that schools were let out early because of wide spread flooding.  This afternoon I had to bail the dinghy again.  I was stuck in the boat all day.  This evening I could not stay cooped up any longer so I rowed to shore and went to a pub on West st. and enjoyed a couple of Guinness and a nice dinner.  I then walked down to the inner harbor and it was flooded.  Store owners were sand bagging their shops to try to keep the bay out.  Tonight it is still raining.  The weather report said it will clear tomorrow.  Sorry no pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment