Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cape May to Summit DE





I didn't do a blog yesterday because I didn't go anywhere.  I needed to do my laundry, some food shopping and some maintenance.  Today I left Cape May at 6:30 AM to catch the tide up the Delaware Bay, very important!  It was a mix bag today.  It started very windy so I could not sail.  Then the wind lightened so I was able to roll out the jib.  There were times that I was doing over 7 knots!  Then the wind picked up and shifted to the North West,  Again in my face, so back to the motor.  However I made remarkable time.  I road the tide all the way up the bay, about 50 miles.  Totally, I sailed almost 60 miles, A record for this trip.  The first picture is the Cape May-Lewes ferry's at the beginning of the Cape May Canal.  The next is a curious looking light in the middle of the bay.  Then I sailed buy this Nuclear Power plant on the New Jersey side.  Then I took a picture of the St. Georges bridge over the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal.  The last pic is the boat in the marina half way through the canal.

Not sure where I will end up tomorrow, we will see.

1 comment:

  1. Fun watching your progress and the pictures are great. I'll bet you're having the time of your life. Enjoy and good sailing.
    Brian & Linda

    ReplyDelete