Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Havre De Grace to Annapolis




I am on the move again!  I set sail this morning at 8:00 AM for Annapolis.  The wind was light this morning and just got lighter, the bay was windless by noon.  The day was overcast and hazy so I didn't get many good pictures.  I could just barely see the Baltimore skyline as I went by.  Baltimore is not directly on the bay, it is several miles up its own bay so even on a clear day it would be a distant shot.  I did get some good pictures of the Bay Bridge.  Some of you may remember I got a flat tire on the bridge last year.  Passing under was a bit of a thrill for me because I have crossed that bridge many times since 1965!  Actually back then there was only one bridge.  The best part of today was entering Annapolis, Candy's home town.  I did get a picture of the Naval Academy and the state capital dome in one shot.  I also got a picture of one of the Academy's YP boats.  The cruising guide warned that if they are out to give them a wide berth because the Midshipman use them to learn how to run a ship, "Student Drivers".  I am anchored in Spa creek at the foot of Southgate st.

Tomorrow is batten down the hatches day as the coastal storm passes through.

2 comments:

  1. Hate to be critical BUT this is my "town" and you are in SPA CREEK! And you better give those Navy guys a wide berth; I know they are newborns........

    Love,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, First of all, thanks for the tribute to St. John's. It is, after all, the third oldest college in the nation. Second, what's wrong with full contact chess? Have you ever seen the Harry Potter movie? Third the Johnnies regularly beat up on the Plebs over at the academy in the only sport of any consequence: croquet. Where will you be this Saturday the 9th? I thought we might pop down for a visit.

    ReplyDelete