Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 21

I left New York this morning and headed down the New Jersey coast.  A reoccurring theme is no mater what direction I am going the wind is coming from the same direction,  so it was another motoring day.  I took some good pictures leaving Manhattan, I will post a few.  The Jersey coast is just one long beach.  The wind came up strong in the afternoon plus the swells from Igor made for a rather rocky ride.  I stopped at Manasquan Inlet.  The marina is right next to the train bridge, so every now and then the bridge comes down for the commuter train.  You can see the bridge behind the my boat in the picture.  The wind is going blow again tomorrow so I think I am going to take the inside route.  It will be slow, lots of draw bridges but it is better than sitting in the marina.  I think it will be fun and scenic.

1 comment:

  1. Will you please slow down! I was planning to meet you in half a dozen New York bars. At this rate you'll be in Key West by November 1st.

    ReplyDelete