Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Smynra Beach to Cocoa, FL

Today we sailed 51 miles.  We went through what is called Mosquito Lagoon, about 15 miles long.  That is when we first could see the assembly building for the Space Shuttle. The first picture was taken at mile 868 when we turned into the Haulover Canal.  However we were able to see the building in the far distance shortly after we left New Symrna at about mile 855. The last picture of the building was taken at mile 894, that is one big building.  I did use maximum zoom on my camera.  The Kennedy Space Flight Center takes up a big chunk of land!



Candy and I have become Pelican admirers!  They are graceful fliers, they glide just above the water then swoop up, then dive into the water to get a fish.  The next pictures are of some pelicans we saw today.



The last picture is of me at the ready to do battle with the attacking black flies.  I am happy to report that Candy and I dispatched them all in short order.



Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment