Sunday, August 29, 2010

Introduction

Greetings,

My name is Greg Kelly I recently retired from teaching.  Number one on my "Bucket List" is to sail down the Intracoastal Waterway.  I have set up this blog to share my exploits with anyone who might be interested.

The plan is to leave Harwich Port some time the week of September 12, 2010.  I plan to post my progress on this site on a regular schedule.  I am not sure if I will do it every day but I want to keep everyone informed of my adventures.

The boat I am taking is a Hunter 25.5 sloop named "Speculation".  I have owned her since new, she was built in 1986.  We have many sea miles together and I have confidence we are up to this voyage.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck Dad. I'm really proud you were able to pull this off. We should look to you for inspiration in creating and live out our dreams. Looking forward to meeting up in Annapolis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg,
    What a great adventure! As a faithful crewman on Speculation, I know you will make it to your final destination, and I am sure this will ultimately be one large check mark on your Bucket List. You are an accomplished sailor and no doubt will have the time of your life; not to mention that it will be a hoot. Keep the Guinness cold.
    Here's to clear skies, calm seas, and a rising tide.
    Good luck,
    Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad2,

    You are one lucky sun of beach! ;-)

    Have fun!
    Luke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Captain!

    I am expecting a Tuna migration report from you!

    With the way tat the school year has begun for me, I seriously thought about fueling up the Grady and piggy backing you for the voyage! I think that I can still catch you! I have a lot of cooler space and would bring essential rations and supplies(Guinness/more Guinness).

    All the best and God Bless!

    ST

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're watching your progress! Good luch and smooth sailing!
    Linda & Brian Allen

    ReplyDelete